When the temperature drops in Northwest Florida, turn to Murphy’s Home Services to keep your family warm for less. No matter how extreme the weather may get, you can count on Murphy’s to keep your family comfortable. From heating unit installation to heater servicing and vent cleaning, we are here to provide you with superior service at reasonable rates. We’ll make sure you get the perfect system for your home or ensure that the one you have is running in peak condition.
With the help of Murphy’s, you’ll have one less thing to worry about when your appliance breaks.
Based in Destin, Florida, Murphy’s service area includes:
- Mary Esther
- Miramar Beach
- Fort Walton Beach
- Santa Rosa Beach
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- FREE estimates
- 24-hour services available
- Installation and service for all makes and models
- Top brands including Carrier, Bryant, Trane, Rheem, Rudd, Goodman, Payne
- Furnaces/heat pumps
- Carbon monoxide detectors
- Energy-efficient products
- UV Lights
- Whole House Dehumidifiers
- Door Switches
Home Heating Tips
- Utilize the sun to warm your home by opening curtains on the south and west windows during the day. While the sun can be a pain in the summer, use it to your advantage in the winter.
- Ensure your heating systems are regularly maintenanced. Doing so will keep your heating system running at its best and will prevent a broken unit. Don’t have time? Let Murphy’s take that off your hands!
- Watch the use of bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans, which can deplete your home of warm air. Instead, turn them off as soon as you no longer need them.
- Take advantage of your oven’s heat. When finished using the oven, leave open the door to further warm the kitchen.
- Avoid using gas fireplaces and opt for wood fireplaces when possible. It takes more energy to heat the home than a heating system when using a gas-powered fireplace.
- Reverse ceiling fans in the winter. When doing this, your fan blades will run counterclockwise and draw in rising heat.
- Keep your thermostat at a steady temperature. Any temperature more than 5 to 8 degrees apart at night compared to the day causes your heater to work harder.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat. These go a long way in maintaining your home’s heating systems, saving energy and increasing your comfort.
- Purchase a space heater for spot areas. For stubbornly cold areas, this could be a big help, but be sure to follow safety guidelines.